Two-factor authentication for Symfony applications (please use scheb/2fa-bundle to install)
ℹ️ The repository contains bundle versions ≥ 5, which are compatible with Symfony 4.4 or later. The older (unsupported) versions are located in the scheb/two-factor-bundle repository.
The bundle is split into sub-packages, so you can choose the exact feature set you need and keep installed dependencies to a minimum.
Core features are provided by
- Interface for custom two-factor authentication methods
- Trusted IPs
- Multi-factor authentication (more than 2 steps)
- CSRF protection
- Whitelisted routes (accessible during two-factor authentication)
- Fully customizable conditions when to perform two-factor authentication
- Future proof: Supports the authenticator-based security system, which will replace the current system in Symfony 6
- Trusted devices (once passed, no more two-factor authentication on that device) (
- Single-use backup codes for when you don't have access to the second factor device (
- QR codes to scan with your mobile device (
Two-factor authentication methods:
- TOTP authentication (
- Google Authenticator (
- Authentication code via email (
Follow the installation instructions.
Detailed documentation of all features can be found on the Symfony Bundles Documentation website.
This repository contains a small test application that can be quickly set-up locally to test two-factor authentication
in a real Symfony environment. Check out the readme file in the
app folder for more details.
|1.x||EOL||>= 2.1, < 2.7|
|2.x||EOL||^2.6, ^3.0, ^4.0|
|3.x||EOL||3.4, ^4.0, ^5.0|
|4.x||Security fixes until Nov 2021||3.4, ^4.0, ^5.0|
|5.x||New features + Bug fixes||4.4, ^5.0|
|6.x||Planned for Nov 2021||5.4, ^6.0|
This software is available under the MIT license.
For information about the security policy and know security issues, see SECURITY.md.
Want to contribute to this project? See CONTRIBUTING.md.
I'm developing this library since 2014. I love to hear from people using it, giving me the motivation to keep working on my open source projects.
If you want to let me know you're finding it useful, please consider giving it a star ⭐ on GitHub.
If you love my work and want to say thank you, you can help me out for a beer 🍻️ via PayPal.